Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pineapple Cream Smoothie

Peace!

Had a really delicious smoothie this morning, and like always I have to share:

Pineapple Cream

  • almond milk or vanilla rice milk (still haven't tried to make my own)
  • pineapple (and lots of it!)
  • orange juice (2:1 ratio of 'milk' to OJ)
  • honey or sweetner of choice

Blend.

I didn't have any banana, and would usually add the banana to thicken it up, but I liked how this turned out with the flavors. Almost like a spin on the Creamsicle (aka Orange Julius) smoothie/popsicles I used to have back in the day. If you really want it thick, you can add the banana, or just add more pineapple.

Pretty soon I will be venturing out to a couple of health food spots like Linda's Organic Market in Kew Gardens. I've heard about that spot for a while now and I'm really in need of some flax seeds.

Hope you enjoy on this Superbowl Sunday!

Peace

2 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hey Lady! You know...you may wanna do a book because you come up with some awesome recipes!
I'm just sayin'.
Much Luv.

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

Thanks Orchid!! I think you may be right; you're one of a few that has said that. May just have to make that happen!! =)