Thursday, January 29, 2009

Here's a tip...

Peace!!

Just passing a quick tip along today.

When at Sam's Club/Costco (which hasn't been in a while), or even the grocery store on occasion I tend to purchase the big plastic containers of salad. I hate having to dispose (recycle of course!) those containers so what I like to do is next time I'm at the store, I'll buy ingredients for a base salad (carrots, red cabbage and mixture of greens and herbs) and devote a half hour or so when I get home to washing/chopping all the veggies and putting them back into the salad container. That way if later in the week I'm on a time crunch, I can just go to the fridge, scoop out what I need from my base salad mix, and add on whatever other ingredients I'd like to use for that particular day. This also saves money from not having to go to the store every other day for more greens.

I keep my ingredients for the base salad very simple as well and don't include cucumbers, avocado, tomato, etc because I don't want them to wilt the greens and/or die off themselves while waiting to be eaten. Those I add later depending on what I'm craving. *wink*

Peace!


No comments: