Friday, November 7, 2008

Got my Game Face On...

I decided to push back my initial start date just one day because there are a few things I wanted to have done first before I begin my 100 day challenge. The first is grocery shopping; there are a couple key things that I am without and don't want to rely on substituting with something that isn't completely raw. The second is I would like to have my blood pressure taken so I can compare my changes more accurately. And lastly I realized it's my most recent ex's birthday today and I'd like to have my own day and not 'share' it with anyone else, especially with someone that I want to punch in the face (lol). =^_^=

This past weekend, I had been suffering some headaches and when I sat down that little blood pressure station thingamabob at Sam's Club on Monday, it rang in at 147/93. No way!!! That's too damn high for my liking. And I know what is to blame; the vegan junk I consumed, the soda, and not having any smoothies in my diet. I hadn't had a smoothie since I left Florida which was 2 months ago. It's not that I didn't want them, I just didn't have a blender. The big clunky one I had before is still in Florida and I'm not paying an arm and a leg just to have it shipped and it not even crush ice.

So after I sent myself into frenzy mode, I ran over to Walmart and picked up an adorable one serving blender from Hamilton Beach to hold me until I can get my Blendtec. The first thing I did when I got home was whip up a green smoothie and about 10 minutes after I was done, my headache disappeared and never came back. I've had a smoothie every day since then. Even brought a green smoothie to keep me company while I waited in line to vote.

On an even happier note, yesterday I received my shipment in from Shop Organic. I placed a small order of Goji Berries, Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and Dulse. The gojis were so delicious (my first time eating them) and I decided to soak some overnight to throw in a smoothie for breakfast. They were so good!! Strawberry, goji and mango smoothie this morning was on point. Of course my son called dibs on my smoothie too so we split it.

So tomorrow I will be here with my game face on, and sharing with you my trials and tribulations of this process., as well as what I'm eating.

*Cheers!*

No comments: