Saturday, November 22, 2008

Key Lime Smoothie-Day Fourteen


Sweet Georgia Brown...

I'm in the midst of trying to type this blog and enjoy this amazing Green Smoothie (and share of course with the Seed) but it's proving to be a lil' more difficult than I imagined. I just can't put this drink down!

Ok so today was my first time using Key Limes (and real coconut for that matter) in a recipe. I had seen all the videos YouTube had to offer on how to open a young Thai coconut but I was really trying not to lose a finger. So my weapon of choice for this round was a brand new hammer. I shaved down the top as much as I could and banged the...whatever you call it....fork end thingy into the coconut to crack it open. A tad messy but I got it open. *grin*

The coconut water was so sweet...so pure....

Of course some fam happened to be over and talkin' that 'ilk, yuck' shit again. I was like woman take a damn sip!!!! She took a sip.....SILENCE. Yeah exactly, that's what I thought.

Ok so anyway, I scooped the coconut meat out (and jelly like is the only way I can describe it), and threw that and some other ingredients into the blender:

Key Lime Coconut Green Smoothie

  • water and meat of one young coconut
  • banana
  • 2 pitted dates
  • handful of spinach
  • juice of 2 key limes
  • big spoonful of coconut butter
  • splash of water

I would've used honey (or even agave if I had it) but since babies cannot have honey until 1 or 2 years of age I just threw in the dates (which this is my first time having as well).

Seriously, the coconut water and meat pales in comparison to just relying on the coconut butter in these recipes. It just feels so smooth, so...full of flavor. I wish I had purchased more than 2 coconuts.

Ok that's my post.

Since I haven't dropped any music down in a while, here's a nice one to enjoy.

I'm going to close my eyes (and sip slowly so I don't miss my mouth lol) and kick back.

Enjoy!



No comments: