Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cravings

Peace!

You know you're progressing on your raw food journey when you begin to crave fresh foods.

For instance, since yesterday I've been craving a salad with sprouts and avocado. I made good on that (which I'm actually eating now) by mixing some alfalfa sprouts, avocado, fresh sweet corn, dill, broccoli florets, lemon juice, Ms. Dash and a sprinkle of sea salt in a bowl and calling it a day.

I know to the 85ers looking at what I'm diggin' into right now they would not be able to comprehend nor would they even try to. Cause to be honest, it's not visually very appetizing. But it's fresh, delicious, and alkaline so I could care less. No bubble guts for me!!! =^_^=

The only thing that I still crave on occasion that is not raw is Papa John's Veggie pizza with no cheese, no olives, extra sauce and pineapples. I haven't gotten past that yet; in due time I'm stop salivating over it. =D

So I realized that I don't really post what I'm eating on a daily basis. Initially that was the premise of this blog but once again the science takes over and I just have to share it with you all.

Ravynn's Rundown 12-4-08:

Lara bar
Apple
Pomegranate Plunge (from Tropical Smoothie)
Sprout and Avo salad
Green Tea
Water

Note to self: drinking a frozen ass smoothie in 20 degree weather is probably not a good idea when you're out running errands all day. I was very very cold.

Here's my music drop for y'all-it's played in a continuous loop in my head since this morning. Pharrell and the Yessirs's remix of 'Take it Off (Dim the Lights)'. It's ill!!!! I sent this to my hubby to be and it's stuck in his head now too (love you!). LOL



Peace!!

4 comments:

Bootzey said...

Are Lara bars really worth the investment?

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

I don't eat them often and I only like one flavor (cherry pie), but it's not bad to have in case of emergencies. =)

ChocolateOrchid said...

That's great about your cravings! I tend to crave coffee but I think that is b/c its cold and it's such a habit. I'll be glad when I'm past that phase. I'm considering doing a juice fast. Have you done this before?....

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

I haven't done a juice fast (or feast) yet because I'm still nursing my son. Once he's weaned I definitely plan on trying it!