Sunday, December 28, 2008

Supplements-yes, no?


Peace Fam,

Today I wanted to briefly touch on Supplements and see how they fit into your daily routine.

Some Raw Food Purists will be the first to cry out, 'omg THAT'S NOT RAW!' but let's be honest, a lot of raw foodies drink hot tea (me included!-I'm not waiting all day to let the sun do it), coffee, and burn Equality (weed). I know quite a few. No matter how hard you try, nothing is ever 100% raw, unless you have your own organic garden growing in your backyard and live entirely off the Earth without any need to go to your local grocers.

Keeping it real, I hate raw food purists. They're like Bible Thumpers with a menu in their hands instead. There is no one right way to do Raw. They want you to be like them, but you don't share the same body so how can that be justified? You have to do you and listen to your body. Not these retards who don't remain dogmatic for very long; they will always fall and fall hard. Boy is that fun to watch (LOL).

The supplements I currently take are: Vitamin B complex (tastes retched), Sunny Green's 'Total Greens' (which is a blend of Organic Kelp, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Alfalfa leaf, Chlorella, Spirulina and vitamin/minerals), and Vitamin E (doing a natural healing experiment on myself). And technically speaking, any powders (purple corn woooot!) can be considered supplements as well since they are adding on to what you already consume.

I do intend on switching my source of B Vitamin in the very near future with bee pollen; that pill turns my pee a fluorescent yellow and I can imagine going to do a pre-hire drug test and the whole building shut down once they take a look in that sample cup. =^_^=

So what's your view on supplements, and if you do use them, which ones?

2 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

I currently take the Vitaminerals Green powder. It's super concentrated so I'm still getting use to it. I was taking The Buried Treasure B Complete Vitamins Liquid which rendered my urine that funky gold color, also. I really don't care for that so I'll definitely try something else.

Peace....

Keely said...

Hi Sweetie!

I sometimes use Vitamineral Green in my green smoothies to up the green factor.

I also take Vitamin B-12. Everything else I am able to get through my regular raw food diet.

If you would like to listen to a fascinating 3 minute message about vitamin B-12, then just go HERE!

You can sign up to get FREE access to The Raw Divas entire series of Dr. T lectures on "The Truth About Your Food" there, too. Including the one on The Truth About Supplements!!!

I hope you find that helpful!

Kiwi Kisses!
Keely