Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yum yum yum

Peace!!!!

I'm feelin' so good right now. That's all I can really say. LOL

So today I began my Green Smoothie Feast. Surprisingly today I haven't been that hungry so on the menu for will just be two smoothies and a salad. Since the keyword in this challenge is Green, I opted to supplement my meals with salad instead of fruit.

I made a Cucumber Melon smoothie today that tastes really clean and fresh. I think I added too much lime juice; which turned out to be a good thing because I got to use more of my honey =^_^=

Cucumber Melon:

  • Equal parts cucumber, watermelon and cantalope
  • Flat leaf parsley
  • Fresh squeezed lime juice (to taste, but I added half a lime to my 14 oz serving)
  • Honey, agave or sweetner of choice (optional)
You know cucumbers are a really good food to help flush toxins. You could use lemon too if you want, I already had a lime out waiting for me. *grin*

Yesterday I did my grocery run and got a lot of good stuff at the 'ghetto' Krogers. I'm tellin' you I don't know what's so ghetto about it, I think it's the nicest one in town. But of course in true Ravynn fashion, I forgot my coconut water.

  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Watermelon, cantalope and honeydew (pre cut)
  • Turnip greens
  • Lemons
  • Avocados
  • Lara bars
  • Flat leaf (aka Italian) parsley
  • Radicchio
  • Pomegranate juice
  • Shredded lettuce
  • Shredded red cabbage
  • Veggie stirfry mix (aka pre chopped veggies)
  • Red onion
  • Craisins
That's a pretty heavy grocery list right?

This will be my first time using turnip greens in a smoothie. I tried kale a few times and found it very fibrous. But I will be saving up for my Blendtec after my move to NY because I'll be making smoothies for a lot of people in my household. If it can shred an iPhone, it can shred some serious greens.

Tonight's smoothie will most likely have strawberry, OJ, watermelon, banana, and turnip greens. No stems (I hate those).

Until tomorrow, Peace!!!!

1 comment:

Vee said...

Ravynn,
I have great timing - lol. I am beginning a green smoothie feast/fast on Dec 11th at 6AM.

I have my ingrediants ready. I too will post my journey.

I bought the vita-mix because it had been around the longest and I'm old fashioned in that I trust the analog buttons more so than the digital. When you get your blendtech don't forget to tell us about it.