Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Dill is so ill (great!)


Peace Fam,

I haven't dropped any Science in a bit and I want to briefly talk about one of my favorite herbs: dill!!

When I first starting using dill it was to marinate my salmon many years ago (yeah my Citrus Herb Salmon was the real deal), but since those days are long gone I don't eat a salad without a handful of minced dill in there. I just can't live without it.

Here are some reasons why you should start incorporating dill into your daily routine:

  • The components in dill oil neutralize the effects of cigarette, charcoal, and trash incinerator smoke.
  • Dill seeds are highly effective in curing bad breath.
  • The essential oil in dill also helps aid in digestion by activating secretion of bile and other digestive juices.
  • Helps with hiccups.
  • Relieves insomnia.
  • Cures diarrhea symptoms.
  • Great for improving lactation in nursing mothers.
  • Dill can help improve and maintain menstrual cycles.
  • It is also anti congestive and anti histaminic and will help with allergy issues and congestion.
  • It's a diuretic.
  • Enhances the libido (hello!)
  • Excellent source of Calcium.

Whodathunkit? Some of these I wasn't even aware about until doing some research. All the more reasons why Dill is so bad ass. (LOL)

I've been craving a salad since midnight and I think I'm gonna make good on that craving now.

For an extra green and nutritious salad boost, mince up some flat leaf parsley, throw it in and hook it up!!

Peace!

1 comment:

alife allah said...

Peace,
Dill! Yo I LOVE Dill.

[img]http://twitstamp.com/asiaticlight/woody.png[/img]