I haven't dropped any Science in a bit and I want to briefly talk about one of my favorite herbs: dill!!
When I first starting using dill it was to marinate my salmon many years ago (yeah my Citrus Herb Salmon was the real deal), but since those days are long gone I don't eat a salad without a handful of minced dill in there. I just can't live without it.
Here are some reasons why you should start incorporating dill into your daily routine:
- The components in dill oil neutralize the effects of cigarette, charcoal, and trash incinerator smoke.
- Dill seeds are highly effective in curing bad breath.
- The essential oil in dill also helps aid in digestion by activating secretion of bile and other digestive juices.
- Helps with hiccups.
- Relieves insomnia.
- Cures diarrhea symptoms.
- Great for improving lactation in nursing mothers.
- Dill can help improve and maintain menstrual cycles.
- It is also anti congestive and anti histaminic and will help with allergy issues and congestion.
- It's a diuretic.
- Enhances the libido (hello!)
- Excellent source of Calcium.
Whodathunkit? Some of these I wasn't even aware about until doing some research. All the more reasons why Dill is so bad ass. (LOL)
I've been craving a salad since midnight and I think I'm gonna make good on that craving now.
For an extra green and nutritious salad boost, mince up some flat leaf parsley, throw it in and hook it up!!