Saturday, December 13, 2008

Motherhood-Not for the Weak

Peace.

I spent all day yesterday trying to flush out my baby's sensitive system and catching baby vomit. He wasn't keeping anything down, not even my milk. (Thanks Grandma Bumpkin!). It really ticks me off that they can feed him whatever they like (against my wishes) and not even care that I have to go through this process for about 2 days until things are right and exact again.

She called yesterday wanting to pick him up and that was not going to happen. Your unsupervised visitation rights have been revoked!

I had some Pedialyte on reserve but was really trying to alleviate his issues as naturally as possible. We started off giving him some room temperature lemon water (per the suggestion of my amazing hubby to be heehee) which he didn't entirely keep down but got some in. Then I made a smoothie for myself of:

  • Coconut water and meat (I found some coconuts @ Meijer's the other day!!!!)
  • OJ
  • Banana
  • Spinach
  • Cinnamon
  • Purple Corn Powder
Very simple.

I blended up a juice for him of sorts...not all of the ingredients (mainly b/c there was too much OJ and coconut water), and some banana.

He spit it up a few times but I continued to feed it to him in small sips for a span of an hour or two. Then he started to keep it down. Yay!

Later in the afternoon he had 2 bowel movements so we're now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Phew...you see what I have to deal with!???

Oooh and he slept like Rip Van Winkle last night. I couldn't wake him up if I wanted to so that was a relief to me, even though I went to bed late he was still knocked out.

So after that is said and done...I did enjoy a bangin' salad last night.

  • Shredded lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Red cabbage
  • Red onion
  • Dill
  • Parsley
  • Sesame Ginger dressing (not raw, but vegan and bangin'!)
And I ate a clementine.

I would've made another smoothie last night but I was wiped out. So I just downed a large amount of water (about a liter maybe?).

For today I'm going to soak some goji berries for about an hour until they plump up and throw them in the blender with some blueberries, strawberries, turnip greens, and maybe some honey or dates.

Peace!

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

I'm glad baby boy is feeling better. Being a mom myself, I know how that can be.

hj45uyb4uy45yv3tv3wetfcv5j76 knn7 said...

I'm glad your baby is feeling better, I don't have children but its not fun when there is a little one who is not feeling well. I feel you on supervised visits, I already let my mother know because she would be the first person putting a piece of bacon on their plate. Many Blessings!

Bootzey said...

Do you find that your baby's constitution has changed since you have become raw?

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

Peace and Thanks ladies! I'm glad he's back to normal too. It's really really stressful. =/

Serenity:

I haven't noticed too much of a difference since getting back on raw. I had actually transitioned while still in my third trimester up until he was about 5 months. Then I fell off but I always tried to get some fruits and greens in (veggie subs sans the cheese were my weakness lol).