Monday, December 1, 2008

Grocery Shoppin'

Peace Fam,

Decided to drop some late night love to y'all before I call it a night. I've kinda been all over the place mentally recently; been caught up in the rapture like Anita Baker so to speak but...it's all good! I'm happy it's Love and it inspires me more to bring some knowledge to you.

=)


Ok so today I hit up the grocery store to pick up a few things (what I really wanted to get, I actually forgot-water).

Off the top of my head my purchase was as follows:

  • Bolthouse Farms carrot juice (I love using this in smoothies)
  • Strawberries
  • Fresh corn on the cob (an occasional thing)
  • Avocado
  • O.N.E. Coconut water and Acai juice
  • Clementines
  • Lara bars
  • Bananas
  • Alfalfa sprouts (containers on sale .79 each!!!)
  • Blueberries

Yeah...I bought all that and didn't even get my damn water. lol

Funny thing is, the grocery store I went to (Kroger's), was referred to as the 'ghetto Krogers', and yet they had a lil' health section where I was able to find some other goodies-but on my side of town they don't have it. What's up with that?

Tomorrow I'm going to drop a post on Sprouts and how beneficial they are in your dietary routine. I'm not big on mung bean sprouts like I was when I was vegan and threw them in my stir fry, but those alfalfa sprouts are on point!

Ahhh, so I used my last fresh coconut the other day and was fiendin' for another one. Sadly I can't get them anywhere closer than Detroit so I settled for a store bought version. I do not buy canned coconut water, or the kind that is not refigerated. My personal preference is the ones in the cardboard looking containers b/c they seem to have the best quality. No preservatives, all natural and are really good.

Before I drop my song of the day I will give you a quick smoothie recipe to try so you can flex some creativity and experiment on your own.

  • Coconut water
  • Carrot juice
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Purple Corn powder (i use no more than one spoonful)
  • Honey

Tomorrow I'm goin with the Acai, blueberry and strawberry.



Peace!

4 comments:

Vee said...

Ravynn,
After reading an earlier post I decided to buy a fresh coconut. I don't know how I'm going to open it. I plan to make a coconut, lime, and pineapple smoothie.

I'm planning to have a liquid raw diet beginning Jan. I'm starting a transition diet now with green smoothies, fruit smoothies, and eating vegan.

I enjoy your blog and you inspired me to try this raw lifestyle.

I also presented you with a blog award - Friendship Award for being such an inspiration to me.

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

I am so honored..thank you Vee!!!

I wish you the best on your Journey; it will be an amazing experience and you'll never look back. =)

Peace.

Vee said...

My first green smoothie was delicious. It had spinach, fresh coconut, lime juice, pineapple, and half bananna. It was so fresh and filling.

Queen Infinite Wisdom said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first green smoothie. Wait until you have one with mango oh my it's so delicious. =)